Welcome to the CSIR Meraka Institute's "COIN" Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

IPsec and VPN's

There are several ways to isolate users/groups in a network. One of the neatest ways however is by setting up VPN's (virtual private networks). This is where IPsec comes in.IPsec is a protocol which sits on top of the Internet Protocol (IP) layer. It allows two or more hosts to communicate in a secure manner (hence the name).

There are several online guides to setting up IPsec VPN's:

Creating a VPN between two networks, separated by the Internet, using FreeBSD gateways.

Linux:
Linux IPsec HOWTO
IPsec tools

Windows:
Setting up a windows XP client
IPsec and you

Mixing Different Clients and Servers (Windows/Linux):
Jacco's networking stuff
OpenSwan setup for Linux server and Linux/Windows clients
FreeSwan setup for Linux server and Linux/Windows clients

Example System:
IPSec Secure Tunnel at Mathnet

6 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your plastic surgery minneapolis blog.

job opportunitya said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
Want to see top notch work, peep my plastic surgery houston blog site for the bomb work!

job opportunitya said...

Cool blog. I dig your site outline and I plan on
returning again! I just love finding blogs like this
when I have the time.
Hey why don't you peep my plastic surgery texas blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my plastic surgery los angeles blog.

Crazy Dan said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link to !! ##LINK

Tito Maury said...

Good morning {joey}, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a different topic completely. It somehow ads to ones little list of lifes experiences.

I seem to have a soft spot for blogs related to
# #LINK## and /or sites that have a central theme around submit articles type items. I guess this comes from being a webmaster as well.